First, here is a rundown on what each section of the “home” page will do.
Marquee Home Top
- CASE 4 Welcomes You – general welcome intro that links to chair’s page. Merged with Marquee.
- Marquee (was Major Promotions) – rotating images used to promote important announcements and events. CNOLA conference, Welcome from the Chair, etc. (for example).
- I Am CASE 4 – bios of CASE 4 members – user submissions possible. (This content will randomly rotate)
- Featured Assoc. – Assoc. bio. – user submission possible. (This content will randomly rotate)
- Are You CASE 4? – Promotional area to become a member. Static content to start, this area can be expanded as needed.
- Upcoming events – Event calendar that will be updated with not only CASE 4 events but also events throughout the entire organization.
- Generic welcome intro for the home page. Its “read more” link will lead you to the letter from the chair.
- Letter from the chair. Written for the web – short bits of information, bullet points, etc.
- About District 4 – I’m thinking – CASE District 4 is comprised of X number of institutions from X states and blah blah blah.
- Board of Directors – Names, pics, bios, etc.
- History of District 4 – generic info to start. Would like to have a form so that members can submit their memories of C4 and use some of this to tell the history.
- Membership Benefits – The example I used is copied from the D7 web site. Need something similar.
- Member institutions – I’m working to alpha these. Initially, it will only list the assoc. and link to their Web site. They are broken down by state. Over time, I’ll build up bios on all with this tying into the “Featured Association” area on the home page.
- By Laws & Documents – the boring needed stuff.
- Goals – if needed.
- Contact Info – General quick contact information for D4 key players.
- Submit your profile – this will be a form that will allow a person to submit a personal profile (ala Kayla’s) a profile for their uni. as well as the history info mentioned above – a catch all type of form.
What I’m working to…
- Secure free Web hosting – my pitch is that I will add a “Hosting Services provided by…” in the footer as well as an “About this site” page that will provide more information.
- Secure a free Web form plugin for WordPress – same pitch as above.
- Event calendar plugin for WordPress – have found a great plugin to do this.
- Build a team of Web professionals who will help maintain the site. This includes:
- District 4 site (this site)
- CASE NOLA Conference site (casenola.org)
- Facebook page for District
- Facebook page for Conference
- YouTube account
- LinkedIn page
- Flickr account
- twitter account @cased4 (district)
- twitter account @casenola (conference)
My “vision” is to establish a robust and active site for the district and its conferences built on a flexible stable platform (WordPress) and, in a nutshell, stop the rebuilding of the site (conference especially) each year. (More on this at a later date.)